Our extra support services

Some people rely on their water supply more than others, such as people with medical conditions, older people and families with young children.

Our free Priority Services Register helps us look after households who have extra communication, access or safety needs.

We can help you by:

  • Reading your water meter if you find it difficult
  • Communicating in different formats, such as braille
  • Offering translation services if English is not your first language
  • Letting someone you trust manage your account
  • Delivering water to you if your supply is interrupted

You can register for our free extra help services from your online account or by calling our team on 0333 009 5219.

An older women with a hearing aid is sitting on the sofa with her smiling granddaughter.
A woman washes her hands at the kitchen sink.

Need help with your bills?

If you’re struggling to pay for your water bills, we can help. We might be able to switch your tariffs or offer you a payment plan to give you a little bit of breathing space if you need it.

Please contact our team for help on 0333 009 5219 or email us at billing@muagroup.co.uk.

How do water and wastewater networks work?

We supply water to homes in new developments nationwide. We’re responsible for supplying you with clean and safe drinking water, as well as looking after the pipes that bring water into your property up to your external stop tap.

We take wastewater from your property through our sewerage networks and clean it after you’ve used it.

Check if we supply your property

An aerial view of a pond next to a housing development.

Our charges

We’re licenced by the regulator Ofwat to provide your water and sewerage services. The charges you pay for your water and wastewater services depend on where you live.

Our charges are revised each year, based on Ofwat's requirements.

Help and advice

Who are mua Water?

We’re an independent water and wastewater company, licenced by the regulator Ofwat to provide water and wastewater services to new developments across England and Wales.

How can I pay my water bill?

You can pay your water bill in the way that best suits you. Lots of our customers find the easiest way to pay is by direct debit. You can also use our automated payment line or pay online by debit or credit card. For more details on our payment options, log into your online account.

I’m struggling to pay my water bills, can you help?

If you’re struggling to pay your bills or falling into debt, we want to help. Please get in touch with us as soon as possible. You can reach us by phone on 0333 009 5219 or email at billing@muagroup.co.uk.

How often will you read my meter?

We aim to read your meter every six months, but we'll visit you at least once a year to take a meter reading. You can also submit a meter reading in your online account if you move home, have received an estimated bill or if you want to track your usage more closely.

How can I move my water meter?

[Add information about moving water meters]

How can I find out who supplies water to my home?

You can find out who provides your water and sewerage by entering your postcode on the Water UK website.  

How do I report a water leak?

If you’ve got no water or need to report a leak, call us on 0800 011 4193.

You can also contact us if you’ve got low water pressure, your water smells or tastes strange or you have wastewater problems.

What do I do if my water pipes burst?

We’re responsible for the water pipes up to your external stop tap, which tends to be located outside your property boundary.

If you have a leak inside your home or on the pipe between your home and the external stop tap, you’ll need to contact an approved WaterSafe plumber to fix it.  

I’ve spotted a leak near my home, what do I do?

If you spot a water leak near your home, please report it to us by calling 0800 011 4193.